(985) 850-2738 or (337) 828-9107

Blog

Allain Named "Maritime Champion" for Preserving Offshore Vessel Tax Credit

Thursday, October 01, 2015

This week, Sen. Bret Allain was honored by the Offshore Marine Service Association (OMSA) as a "Maritime Champion" at its annual conference held in New Orleans.  Bret was an integral part of preserving the offshore vessel tax credit provided by the state to businesses that pay local ad valorem taxes on commercial vessels.   Read More . . .

Bret Named "Champion of Healthcare" By LA Hospital Association

Friday, September 25, 2015

Senator Bret Allain was named a "Champion of Healthcare" by the Louisiana Hospital Association this year.   Read More . . .

Bayou Chene Project Gets $100 Million Boost

Wednesday, September 09, 2015

Over the last four years, $126 million has been added to the Capital Outlay bill for various needs relating to the Morganza to the Gulf project.   Read More . . .

Morganza to the Gulf Wins Congressional Authorization

Wednesday, September 09, 2015

These projects, Bayou Chenes and Morganza, are the two highest priorities of our region terms of flood protection and restoration efforts. Our delegation will continue to fight to bring progress to these projects in the years to come.   Read More . . .

Senator Bret Allain Announces and Applauds Funding of Bayou Chene Flood Control Structure

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Today, state and local officials held a press conference at Morgan City’s Municipal Auditorium to announce that the Bayou Chene Flood Control Structure has been identified by the Coastal Protection and Restoration Authority (CPRA) as a project to be funded with future RESTORE Act funds. These funds are a result of settlements associated with the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.   Read More . . .

LDWFs Catch and Cook Program Takes Your Fish From Louisiana Waters to Table in One Tasty Trip

Monday, August 17, 2015

(Aug.14, 2015) – The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries now offers the Louisiana Catch and Cook Program, allowing anglers to enjoy their catch at a local restaurant, prepared by their favorite chef.    Read More . . .

Allain Bill Reinforces Coastal Restoration Efforts

Wednesday, May 21, 2014
In Sunday's edition of the Times-Picayune, I wrote an op-ed discussing why my bill to further reinforce the coastal restoration efforts of the state is important to our coast and our economy.  I firmly believe that damage to the coast should be made right by those who have damaged it, but it must be done the right way.   Read More . . .

Allain Takes Up Coastal Lawsuit

Friday, May 02, 2014

BATON ROUGE — A bill sponsored by a lawmaker who represents parts of Lafourche and Terrebonne parishes would effectively kill the contentious lawsuit against 97 oil and gas companies filed by a New Orleans area levee board.
   Read More . . .

STATE SEN. ALLAIN MOVES TO SET HIGHER STANDARD FOR VOTER APPROVAL OF TAXES

Monday, April 21, 2014

My bill to require a 20% voter turnout threshold in tax elections deadlocked in a 5-5 vote in committee. LABI was a strong supporter of the bill as ad valorem taxation affects the business community greatly in our state due to our generous homestead exemption.  2% of the electorate should not be able to dictate taxation for the other 98%.   Read More . . .

Minimum Voter Turnout on Tax Measures Gaining Steam

Friday, March 28, 2014

Check out the link below to visit my Facebook Page to see the coverage SB 200 has been receiving!    Read More . . .


Sen. Bret Allain works hard for you

Senator Bret Allain 600 Main St., Suite 1 Franklin, LA 70538 (985) 850-2738 or
(337) 828-9107

Get Directions