This week, Sen. Bret Allain was honored by the Offshore Marine Service Association (OMSA) as a "Maritime Champion" at its annual conference held in New Orleans. Bret was an integral part of preserving the offshore vessel tax credit provided by the state to businesses that pay local ad valorem taxes on commercial vessels. Read More . . .
Senator Bret Allain was named a "Champion of Healthcare" by the Louisiana Hospital Association this year. Read More . . .
Over the last four years, $126 million has been added to the Capital Outlay bill for various needs relating to the Morganza to the Gulf project. Read More . . .
These projects, Bayou Chenes and Morganza, are the two highest priorities of our region terms of flood protection and restoration efforts. Our delegation will continue to fight to bring progress to these projects in the years to come. Read More . . .
Today, state and local officials held a press conference at Morgan City’s Municipal Auditorium to announce that the Bayou Chene Flood Control Structure has been identified by the Coastal Protection and Restoration Authority (CPRA) as a project to be funded with future RESTORE Act funds. These funds are a result of settlements associated with the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. Read More . . .
(Aug.14, 2015) – The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries now offers the Louisiana Catch and Cook Program, allowing anglers to enjoy their catch at a local restaurant, prepared by their favorite chef. Read More . . .
BATON ROUGE — A bill sponsored by a lawmaker who represents parts of Lafourche and Terrebonne parishes would effectively kill the contentious lawsuit against 97 oil and gas companies filed by a New Orleans area levee board.
Read More . . .
My bill to require a 20% voter turnout threshold in tax elections deadlocked in a 5-5 vote in committee. LABI was a strong supporter of the bill as ad valorem taxation affects the business community greatly in our state due to our generous homestead exemption. 2% of the electorate should not be able to dictate taxation for the other 98%. Read More . . .
Check out the link below to visit my Facebook Page to see the coverage SB 200 has been receiving! Read More . . .
- Allain Named "Maritime Champion" for Preserving Offshore Vessel Tax Credit
- Bret Named "Champion of Healthcare" By LA Hospital Association
- Bayou Chene Project Gets $100 Million Boost
- Morganza to the Gulf Wins Congressional Authorization
- Senator Bret Allain Announces and Applauds Funding of Bayou Chene Flood Control Structure
- LDWFs Catch and Cook Program Takes Your Fish From Louisiana Waters to Table in One Tasty Trip
- Allain Bill Reinforces Coastal Restoration Efforts
- Allain Takes Up Coastal Lawsuit
- STATE SEN. ALLAIN MOVES TO SET HIGHER STANDARD FOR VOTER APPROVAL OF TAXES
- Minimum Voter Turnout on Tax Measures Gaining Steam